Even though technologies have made life easier for us, they can also end up being troublesome if not handled properly. Whether you are using an Android device or an Apple device like an iPhone13 Pro or iPad 5th Generation tablet, there is always the possibility that some of the apps on your device may stop working and you will need to restore everything on your device to keep things running smoothly again.
In this blog post, we are going to discuss another iPhone hack which will help you to restore your iPhone or iPad from a backup, in case your device behaves poorly and leaves you with no choice but this.
As we know that Apple never disappoint you with the features. Most of the times, you can get everything from without using any third party app or service. iOS gives you plenty of features such as limiting time on a specific app, taking backup on iCloud and many other security related features. And to restore your iPhone or iPad from backup also don’t need any third party application or service. You can do it with available built in feature.
So, let’s get started!
Steps to restore your iPhone or iPad from a backup
1. Backup your device 24*7
Before you decide to restore your iPhone or iPad, it is crucial that you always have a backup ready. Backing up the entire data in iOS devices is very easy through iCloud or connecting it to your systems via iTunes.
Following are the steps to guide you on how to take backup on iPhone or iPad:
- Go to iPhone Settings, tap on name, and then again tap on iCloud.
- Scroll down a bit and find the iCloud Backup. Tap on it, enable the iCloud Backup and again tap on Back Up Now and your device will start backing up your data.
2. Reset your device
Now we know that you have the backup ready, we can move on to the next step: resetting your device.
During this step, you will erase all the contents and settings on your device, meaning all the data that isn’t synced with iCloud will be permanently erased. So, be sure to back up your entire device beforehand.
Following are the steps to guide you on how to erase all content on your iPhone:
- Go to iPhone Settings > General
- Scroll to the last and you will find the Reset option, tap on it. Here, you will see the multiple reset options. Click on Erase All Content and Settings and if asked enter the passcode.
You can easily see the steps shown in the screenshot below,
3. Restoring your iPhone or iPad from a backup
You can restore your iPhone or iPad’s data either through iCloud or by connecting with iTunes on a PC.
Restore from iCloud backup
To restore the backup of your iPhone or iPad using iCloud, follow these steps:
- Once you reset your device, turn it on. As soon as you turn it, you will see a “Hello” screen.
- Now, follow the onscreen setup steps such as selecting a language, selecting a country, choosing wifi, location, or setting up a touch ID.
- Once you are done with these configurations, the next option you will see on your screen is Apps & Data. Here, tap on Restore from iCloud Backup
- Next, sign in with your Apple ID and password and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Further, select a backup. To show older versions, tap on Show all backups. See the date and size of each backup and choose the most relevant one. Once you select the backup, the transfer will start.
- In the meantime, you need to keep in mind and do the following things if any of the below occur:
- If an update in the newer version of the software is required while transferring, follow the onscreen instructions.
- To restore all your purchased items and apps, sign in with your Apple ID. Unless you sign in, you won’t be able to access your apps. It is necessary to sign in to each Apple ID separately if you have more than one.
- Keep your mobile device connected to the Wi-Fi network. Depending on the size and speed of your network, restoring the entire backup from iCloud may take some time.
- Once the process is finished, you can enjoy the apps and other data.
Restore from a computer device
If you have backed up your data through a PC, this is how you can restore it:
- Open iTunes if you are using windows and Finder if you are using Mac.
- Connect your device to the system through a USB cable. If your system asks for a passcode, enter it.
- Select the device you want to such as iPhone or iPad.
- From now on you will see multiple backups depending on the size and date. Click on the one you want to restore.
- Wait for the device to sync with the system. You can now disconnect your device from your computer once it’s all done.
Hope this guide helped you in restoring your iPhone or iPad from a backup in the simplest way. If you still have any questions regarding the same, feel free to ask in the comments section below.
We would reply to you shortly!
About the Author:
Naveen is the marketing and product head at JoomDev. He is working with JoomDev, a leading web and mobile app development company. He loves to convert his ideas into reality by developing WordPress plugins such as Mighty Addons for Elementor which helps you to supercharge the power of Elementor page builder.